Team Market and Team Business Interviews


This past week, I was placed in a group with my brother Jonathan and Sydney in our class. We were tasked to go out into Hollins Market and try not only to talk to people and build relationships with them, but also to be able to interview them in the near furture for our upcoming project that will have its debut on 12MAY2018. My group and I talked to some pretty awesome people in the market. In total we talked to 3 residents and 3 vendors. The residents were not too thrilled with uas requesting to schedule an interview with them but the vendors in the market were more inclined to help because they saw the whole class on our previous Hollins Market tour and throughout Hollins itself. I would like to get out into the market at the beginning of class so that there will be more people in the market to speak to and build rapport with. I believe if the residents in the market see our faces more often and if we promote the project in a non-confrontatational manner, we will be able to get some more leads and hopefully have some real quality interviews.

As for the business side of the project, there was another group in our class that was assigned to speak to the select businesses in Hollins and try to build rapport with the decision makers and possible arrange interviews with them. So far, they were able to secure one through myself and the Black Cherry Puppet Theater. We still have to work out a time to meet and I would love if Jameka could tag along. On the other hand, We have Lia having firm contact with the Arrabers and Jameka hopefully getting into contact with City of Gods clothing store.

Overall, I beleive if we narrow down our target audience a little more, develop concrete questions for interviews to ask our volunteers, and get the community outreach flyers out as soon as possible, this project will be a mounting success. As one of my favorite quotes by George Addair goes: "Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear." Therefore, we cannot be afraid of the unknown and we must power through these last few weeks so that all our hard work pays off. I have the utmost confidence in myself and my classmates and I look forward to the continued work with them and the event coming up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

24APR2018-New Post

Last Blog for the Semester!